Which states pack the biggest property-tax punch, and what should residents keep in mind when it comes to meeting and ultimately minimizing their tax obligations? In search of answers, we analyzed the 50 states and the District of Columbia in terms of real-estate and vehicle property taxes. We also consulted a panel of leading property-tax experts for insights both practical and political. More information via “WalletHub”
One of the Shenandoah Valley’s great finds is located in Staunton. Known as the restaurant “so good” she put her name on it, Kathy’s is located at 705 Greenville Ave. Everyone knows that when you find out where the locals go….that is the place to be!
With over 25 years at this location, locals and tourists will tell you that a better pancake cannot be found. Kathy’s offers an extensive breakfast menu which is served all day, along with daily lunch specials, a great lunch and dinner menu is also offered.
Real food, real people, a real delight! Be sure to pickup a bag of the pancake mix as you leave. Click here for Kathy’s website.
When I can’t get mom’s pancakes, I go to a local Staunton place called Kathy’s.
Check out Kathy’s Restaurant review by the Down Home Foodie blog
Mother-and-daughter real estate pros Donna and Shannon Freeman break down the best ways to stage a home to sell.
- Set your listing price by utilizing area comparables, not based upon what you need to buy that ostrich farm.
- Put personal collections away someplace safe, like a bank vault in Zurich.
- Invest in a fresh coat of paint and get 150 percent green back on your investment.
- Disclose everything, especially the stuff you are tempted not to.
- Fix all running toilets, or risk flushing profits down the drain.
- Remember that “outside” is the new “inside.” Show off all of your living spaces.
- Visit model homes to see how neutrality and spaciousness are made to feel so inviting.
- Grind a lemon in the garbage disposal – it smells great and it’s such great exercise.
- Display the kind of plants that aren’t injection-molded and painted in a factory somewhere overseas.
- Keep your day job. Hire an agent and assist them in doing what they do best.
- via HGTV
What to see and do with information on where to stay, dine, and shop.
Discover historic sites, cultural and artistic treasures, museums and fantastic shopping and dining in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. Travel through historic towns on scenic back roads that lead to charming picture postcard farms. Shenandoah Valley’s outdoors features the Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway, with breath-taking views of the Valley below. Plan your next trip to the Shenandoah Valley today. (This is a very comprehensive list on what is happening in the Shenandoah Valley).